Just knowing what to ask gives you the power to make informed decisions. Making an informed decision now will save you valuable time and precious equity. Feel free to use this questionnaire with every agent you iterview. Be sure to write down their answers so you can compare. You may be surprised, even shocked, at the responses you will get!
A Seller’s Guide
to interviewing a Real Estate Agent
- How long have you been selling real estate and what designations do you have?
- Do you work in another part-time or full-time position?
- Will my home be put in the Bitterroot Valley MLS as well as the Regional MLS?
- What kind of Media/Photography package do you offer?
- Do you have a specific written Marketing Plan designed to sell my property quickly and for top dollar? With this plan, can you follow up on people and events so they don’t fall between the cracks and become forgotten during busy periods?
- What methods do you have of reaching prospective buyers 7 days a week, 24 hours a day?
- What was your average sale-to-list price last year versus the rest of the Bitterroot Valley market?
- How do you plan to find a buyer for my home?
- How will showings be scheduled for my home?
- How do you communicate with me, the homeowner?
- After a buyer is found, do you have a system with built-in safeguards to bring about a smooth and quick closing without the usual anxiety and glitches that seem to be inherent in real estate transactions today?
- If I list my home with you, when would marketing begin and why?
Do you want someone to LIST your property . . . .
. . . . or are you looking for someone to SELL your property?